oyuki

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Been Tag'd. Oh My!

Thank you Myrtus for tagging me with this meme. Let see how it goes.

1. Name your favorite band and singer. (The singer can’t be from the band).
Band: The Bangles I think will always be my favorite.
Singer: Ishtar [Eti Zach] Alabina right now holds that honour.

2. Favorite historical politician (domestic)? (Historical = Dead)
A tie really.
Teddy Roosevelt - 'Speak softly and carry a big stick.'
Ronald Reagan - 'Mr. Gorbachev tear down this wall!'

3. Favorite historical politician (International)?
Lady Margaret Thatcher

4. You’re giving a Hollywood pitch (25 words or less) about your Blog — GO
Stop viewing everything through your prejudices. Think!

5. Other than where you live now, what city do you like?
Vieste, Italy

6. Favorite modern politician? (In office now)
None of the Above. They are politicians after all, not statesmen.

7. Are you a Wilsonian Idealist or Nixonian Realist in foreign policy?
Mix of both.

8. Favorite obscure movie?
Planet of the Vampires - Italian science fiction movie directed by Mario Bava in 1965 that inspired Alien.

9. What is your favorite restaurant?
Benihana - where I learned to use chopsticks.

10. Choose a music video on YouTube. Why that one?

This is the ending music of the Record of Lodoss Wars 13 episode series. Why pick it? The song is about how the personalities and destinies of Parn [the human hero] and Deedlit [elven heroine] become interwined by their shared experiences saving their homeland from the forces of evil. One of the lyrics when translated says 'Our falling in love was destiny.' Deedlit's love started out as fascination with the selfless antics of Parn which deepen as the story progresses because of how selfless and courageous Parn acts. While Parn's love started out much slower and more cluelessly [see Deedlit get mad at confused Parn when she asks him for a dance and all he has eyes for is heroic King Kashue] until Parn sees how even his nemesis Ashram has found love in the arms of Pirotess, thus when it comes time to for Parn to save Lodoss he does it for a more personal reason - the woman he loves [Deedlit] is in peril and he risks his very life to save her immortal life. So at the end it is Parn and Deedlit riding off into the sunset in search of their lost companion Woodchuck as their other companions settle down to their tasks in rebuilding Lodoss.

Of course the opening music is all about Deedlit's love of Parn also. Lyrics like 'Romantic in ways that almost tear at my heart / I am your prisoner / Io Sono Prigioniera /Tonight you have gently bound me up within your arms, my love' really leave no doubt about it. But this tag only allows me to pick one video. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool Anna! Thanks for playing. (:
I love the story behind the video you picked. I'm suprised you don't have a favorite politician currently in office though. Isn't there ONE politician out there even close to being favored by you?

Dionne said...

Very fun, I love reading these kind of memes. I am with you 100% on numbers 2 & 3.

Anna said...

Well President Bush is still at top of heap though him being so bull-headed on the illegal alien amnesty program kinda annoys me. So I refrain from listing him even as I repsect him for being so bull-headed, we need leadership and not a poll chaser at this time.

So Dee, should I tag you with this meme? :)